TITLE: SALES ENGINEER / ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Business Development Manager
LOCATION: Kessebohmer Ergonomie – Grand Rapids, MI PAY: Salary
We are looking for an experienced professional to complement our US team in support of our continued growth. The Account Manager will be responsible for maintaining and growing existing accounts as well as developing new business within target markets to achieve the long-term growth strategy of the organization. This individual will be an accomplished account professional with demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining both broad and deep relationships with commercial accounts.
- Establish and develop strong relationships with existing and new customers.
- Be the voice of the customer while positioning and representing the company in the best possible way through effective communication between the customer and company.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to bring in new business as well as create and implement successful product launches.
- Promote the company’s products by supporting customers’ objectives & solving their problems.
- Negotiate, communicate and document terms, pricing, and contracts
- Educate customers on technical product features/benefits of the company’s products and capabilities.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the competition
- Develop, prepare and present sales reports and forecasts to leadership
- Provide input on pricing strategies and maintain price-lists
- Provide input and help develop strategies for new product introductions•
Associates Degree (Bachelor’s degree is preferred)
- A mechanical aptitude that can translate into being a valued resource for internal & external stakeholders. Office furniture industry a plus.
- A strong focus on exceeding both internal and external expectations
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and passionate about personal and organizational success with a high level of organizational and time management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Solid intellectual abilities including reading, writing, math, and analytical skills
- Critical, creative thinker who enjoys problem-solving
- Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- proven track record of successful business development
- Demonstrated communication and follow-up skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (WORD, EXCEL & PowerPoint)
Office / Travel – Able to travel up to 50% and occasionally lift up to 45 lbs. Must be able to tolerate the physical and environmental demands of this position with or without accommodations.
Benefits: 401(k), Dental insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off